Saturday, October 14, 2006


We Continue to Beat the Shit Out of Lesser Opponents: Week 7 Recap:


Didn't get to watch a single play, and of course College Gameday Final isn't nearly what it used to be, so I'm just going off of stats, play-by-play, and photos. Piss poor blogging, I agree.

COIN TOSS: LSU wins toss, defers choice to 2nd half. Kentucky will receive. LSU will kick off and defend the south end zone.

Perhaps the most interesting statistic of the year has involved pure luck: we have won all seven coin tosses this season. Even ol' Nick Saban couldn't manage that. Why aren't people making a bigger deal out of this? You realize there's a 1/128 chance of this happening? Cue Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead reference.

Jackson, Dyakowski, Zenon, Highsmith. They're totally playing craps right now at Argosy.

Kentucky, this is not the way you start the game in Death Valley:

U 4-6 U47 Tim Masthay punt 39 yards to the LS14, Craig Davis return 0 yards to the LS14 (David Jones),
PENALTY UK kick catching interference (David Jones)
15 yards to the LS29, 1st and 10.
--------------- 6 plays, 27 yards, TOP 02:31 ---------------
L 1-10 L29 LSU drive start at 12:29 (1st), LS ball on LS29.
L 1-10 L29 PENALTY UK personal foul (Marc. McClinton) 15 yards to the LS44


It's been a long time coming with Trindon Holliday. Trust me, the guy's good. October's halfway done, and he's still not a household name as promised. He's working on it, though:

L 1-10 L48 T. Holliday rush for 30 yards to the UK22, 1ST DOWN LS, out-of-bounds (Marc. McClinton).

Two Mister Footballs in one photograph. Also a good indication of how fucking tall JR is.

So we're moving along as usual against a weaker team, JaMarcus scarily efficient (he was 11-11, 170 yds, 2 TD at one point), and of course this needs to happen eventually:

L 2-4 U21 Justin Vincent rush for loss of 1 yard to the UK22 (Braxton Kelley).

Really, I've shut the book on Justin Vincent. I don't even know if I'm standing up for him on Senior Night.

Hey, nice shot of one of your two carries. Photographer must've had catlike reflexes, with your 3 yards of offense.

U 4-5 U39 Tim Masthay punt 51 yards to the LS10, Craig Davis return 27 yards to the LS37 (T. C. Drake).

Buster! Makes me really think twice about how well our Special Teams personnel can assess talent. Also makes me realize that Skyler officially had the shortest LSU career ever, it seems.

Buster can certainly look the ball in with those big ol' deer eyes.

L 1-10 L35 Charles Scott rush for 38 yards to the UK27, 1ST DOWN LS (Wesley Woodyard).

Huh? Scott and Hester will have to do. I must admit, if his name were LeCharles Scott, I'd be much more excited about his running back capabilities. Then again, I also work for a research lab that doesn't allow foreign employees, so...

L 1-10 U29 Matt Flynn rush for 27 yards to the UK2, 1ST DOWN LS (Dallas Greer).

Smokin' Matt Flynn! Slowly but surely, the blind Matt Flynn supporters are compliling evidence. Shit.

Matt Flynn: decidedly not an HTF fan (I'm guessing). The thing is, he seems like a pretty nice guy and all; I'd put him behind only Ricky Jean-Francois as someone I'd have a beer with.

L 3-8 U38 Ryan Perrilloux rush for 12 yards to the UK26, 1ST DOWN LS, out-of-bounds (E. J. Adams).

There's the next Vince Young. Ice in his veins too-- it was third-and-eight. If you think my love for JaMarcus is a little exaggerated, wait till 2008, HTFers.

Patiently waiting. I can only watch the Cigarillo's YouTube high school highlights so many times.

LSU 49 Kentucky 0. Yeah, that's pretty much all I have. I'm a terrible blogger, I know. I had ideas of ordering the game online for $15, which would have certainly provided some better commentary, but ultimately declined and watched the UF/Auburn game with some Gator fans. Controversial call (though to a lesser degree) influencing a loss in the Plains? Hey, I think I remember that feeling. Goodbye, Western Division title. Hello, Outback Bowl!

- P.T.

No comments: