Monday, October 09, 2006

Crisis at Highland and Lee: Get the Scientists To Reprogram the Material Desires Subfunction, ASAP:

I received a text message Saturday morning during College Gameday that our favorite reliable quarterback had one more thing to process during Saturday's game-- the man had his 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe stolen that Thursday night.

You can make out the lavish plaid pattern of his Friday walk-through suit. Now put some touch on the ball, son.

"Russell's vehicle was a 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV. He noticed it gone from the parking lot of his apartment complex on Friday morning as he was preparing to join the team for the flight to Gainesville. Russell, a junior from Mobile, Ala., lives off campus on Highland Road toward Lee Drive." - Shreveport Times

"I think it was about 11:30 Thursday night. He called me and we prayed together. We pray together every night. And then he got up the next morning and his car was stolen. He was pretty casual about it. He told me, 'Mom, it's just material things.' JaMarcus called me Friday morning and he didn't seem upset at all. He just said, 'Momma, guess what happened?' I said, 'What?' He said, 'Somebody stole my car.'" -Zina Anderson, JR's mother

Is it possible for me to love this guy anymore? Uh, yeah, you should've asked me last week. But, right now, he's my third-favorite LSU quarterback of my lifetime (Davey, Mauck).

"That was my first car. It feels crazy -people taking things that don't belong to them."

It feels crazy... people taking things that don't belong to them.

That's right, there's a distinct possibility JaMaicus was thinking about police reports and Geico over Marcus Thomas and Reggie Nelson that afternoon in the Swamp. But, nah, he's a fourth-year junior; he undoubtedly shook it off Friday afternoon and focused on the game, right? The thing is (I love JaMarcus) he pretty much admitted to the opposite:

"Russell admitted he was mad about the incident, 'especially when we’re getting ready to play a ballgame.' He then chastised himself for being worried about 'material things.'" - Baton Rouge Advocate

JaMarcus, you said it was only material things! Is it just me, or is it impossible to visualize JR chastising himself? Even after that goal-line fumble, he mouthed a frustrated 'fuck,' but it's not like he punched a wall or anything. What was the fate of the car, though? I mean, he could've easily gotten paced and forgotten where he parked the car, right?

"He was told it was completely stripped." - LSU SID Michael Bonnette

"It won't hurt me any, though. I'll try to get another one and just roll from there."

This does not sound like a man chastising himself for worrying about material things. Unfortunately, he couldn't employ the 'roll from there' mantra on Florida field Saturday.

- P.T.

No comments: